Hello Weekend.30 July 2010
01. It rained this week. I love Utah rainstorms; the smell is intoxicating. We always end up outside on the porch and the kids eventually make their way to the puddles. E likes to dance with umbrellas. (What little girl doesn't?) Because I work at home, getting out, even on the porch, lets me get away from it all. I wouldn't mind more days like that.
02. This weekend will be much more lazy than the last. My only plans are to help my sister clean her apartment and a shopping trip to World Market. And maybe a Sunday drive. And a late night walk. And a movie night with the hubs. And hamburgers on the grill. Lazy things. I love those kinds of weekends.
03. Our grass is officially a forest. Between work and school, the hubs and I haven't had time to do yard work. (My poor neglected garden looks a little haggard as well.) Maybe mowing the lawn should be added to my weekend to-do list. And may I mention that I LOVE mowing the lawn? I really do. Finding the time to mow, however, is not-so-fun.
04. Speaking of yard work...we are having a bit of an earwig problem in our garden. Anyone know of a remedy? I really can't think of a grosser bug than an earwig. Oh...maybe spiders. Yes, spiders win.
05. Am a major Harry Potter fan. When J and I were engaged, we read the HP books aloud to each other. As the subsequent books were released, we kept up the tradition. I am currently re-reading and re-watching all 7 books & 6 movies to get ready for November. (Am currently on book 3.) I already have a babysitter lined up. We are going to our first midnight/opening day IMAX showing. I am so excited! I feel a tad nerdy admitting that.
07. Am craving some road-tripage with my fam. The hubs is this close to being done with the semester. We can't wait to have him all to ourselves. We have a couple short-but-sweet trips planned and will be off as soon as he turns in his final.
06. Northridge Publishing (the company I design for) just combined their three crafting blogs into one crafting mecca called "Create:". I will still be blogging over there. I have some fun post ideas and can't wait to get my craft on.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'd love to know what you have on the docket. Am hoping to add to my growing array of freckles by spending some time in the sun. I'll be back next week with some fun posts and photos.