Saturdays are reserved for family in our home. We spend all day together, usually going to a park, on a hike, or playing games. It is the highlight of everyone's week.
In the morning, however, we do food prep. We belong to a produce co-op and pick up our basket every morning at 8:00 am. It is a LOT of produce, but because of this prep time, we eat it all! It makes my meals during the week quick and easy...and healthy! It involves a lot of washing and chopping on Saturday, but we do it with a movie going or music playing. The kids love it, and so do J and I!
I also make baby food on Saturday mornings after we pick up the produce. It is easy and fun to do. And...it tastes WAY better than the prepackaged kind. (Christina and Sarah inspired me to start making my own.) This week, we got an ENORMOUS butternut squash. Half was cubed for a pasta dinner later in the week; the other half was made into baby food.
1. Cube the butternut squash. Steam until soft.
2. Drain and add butternut squash meat to food processor. Puree.
3. Pour puree into ice cube trays. Freeze.
4. Once frozen, remove from trays and put into gallon-sized freezer bags.
5. Defrost a few at a time for a delicious baby-food lunch.
© 2015 Hannah C. All rights reserved.