When it comes to beauty and a personal maintenance routine, I tend to keep things pretty low key. However, I do happen to have three favorite things that I think everyone should know about.
1. LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Facial Scrub. Heaven on my face! Or, angels on my face, I guess. Anyway, this stuff makes my skin glow and it smells amazing. Don't be put off by the price--it lasts for months and months and months.
2. Olay facial cream. Complete All Day UV Moisturizer for sensitive skin, to be exact. This lotion is plain as plain can be. And cheap. I love that it is gentle on my skin, not greasy, and has UV protection so that I can stop prematurely aging my skin already. Also it has a hint of that classic Oil of Olay smell that reminds me of my stylish grandma.
3. Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer. (Fig is my favorite color.) I kind of think of this as a "lazy girl's lipstick." Even if i accidentally leave the house without a stitch of makeup, I can put a little of this on and feel like at least I'm attempting to look presentable. As an added bonus, it feels awesome on my lips.
These are three of my new favorite beauty product finds this year.
1. Strike Gold by Bath and Body Works - This stuff only comes out once a year (usually right before the summer season) so grab it when it's available and stock up! I love this self tanner as it does not leave you looking like a tangerine and it has a super light, fresh scent. It is the perfect shade of bronze that will help your summer tan last into the winter months without people wondering if you used orange spray paint. I usually just use this on my face to keep away that washed out look on days when I don't have a lot of time for make-up.
2. Taming Elixir by Sebastian - This hair serum is seriously my favorite product find this year. My little sister is attending hair school at the moment and as a result has some awesome suggestions for new products. She bought this for me, knowing how much I struggle with my naturally curly hair and it's fly-aways. A quarter size drop of this and my hair is tame. I use it along with some mousse when I leave my hair curly, and I also use it when I straighten my hair (it is super light and makes my hair feel sleek and smooth!). Love it.
3. The Colossal Volume Express by Maybelline - I am a big fan of big lashes and let me tell you, this mascara delivers! I feel like if you don't have time for anything else, a little bronzer and some awesome mascara will do the trick. I love the brush on this mascara as it seems to get every single lash and pumps them full of volume.
I'm so excited to post some of my favorites on Sherbet Blossom this month! It's kind of hilarious to think that I have something to offer by way of beauty advice, but I do love finding high quality products that work for me. Without further ado, here are three I can't live without.
1. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser- I love this soap and have used it for years. It removes make-up easily and leaves my face feeling clean without any sort of residue. Now that I'm a mom, I often use this soap on my kids' sensitive skin. I also love that when I run out I'm not making a special trip to the make-up counter for face wash- I can find it easily at the places I go regularly (translation: Target, Costco, the grocery store).
2. Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion Set- As I've started to get a little older I've noticed that my smile lines are showing up even when I'm not smiling. That definitely doesn't make me smile, so I started to look into age-defying products to try to fight some of the fine lines. This microdermabrasion set leaves my face feeling softer than any other product I've used. Days when I'm trying to fight looking like a tired, old mom I pull this out and instantly feel a little better. Or maybe my face just feels so soft it distracts me from the fact that I really am a tired, old mom.
3. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion-Sin- This is my latest splurge suggested by my beauty savvy sister-in-law, and I'm definitely in love. It's replaced my MAC primer hands down. There are a couple of different hues available, but the Sin leaves a goldy shimmer which is perfect for days when I don't have time for eye shadow. The staying power it gives my eye shadow is better than any primer I've used before. When I wash my face at night I feel like my eye make-up looks just like it did that morning, and with all that goes on in a normal day for me, that's saying a lot!
1. OPI Nail Polish in Ski Teal We Drop. This is the newest polish in my smallish collection. It is a beautiful not-quite-navy color that I am excited to wear throughout the colder months. It is semi-dark, but very wearable!
2. EOS Shave Cream in Pomegranate Raspberry. My favorite chapstick brand now makes shaving cream. Yes, the packaging is pretty, but the product is even better. It comes out of the bottle with a lotion consistency rather than a foam, so it is very moisturizing. You can use it wet or dry. Amazing stuff. And it smells good too! It is right around $3.50/bottle. (Target) A bargain in my book.
3. Urban Decay All Nighter Spray. This spray comes with a little bit of a price tag, but it lasts a long while. I use it when I want to keep my makeup nice for a long time. It will hold you face in place ALL day!
What beauty products are YOU loving this month?
Want to know more about May I Suggest? Click Here to read all about it.
Interested in participating in the future? Email me!
© 2015 Hannah C. All rights reserved.