Halloween is mostly about the sweets...and we take that very seriously in my home.
Today my kids and I made two different batches of cookies. Yes, TWO! Both are super simple and not exactly from scratch. Not my normal kind of cooking. But it is Halloween, and we can get a little scary on here, can't we?
This first cookie uses a cake mix. (Seriously! It does. I thought that I didn't really believe in cake mixes, but this is the second cookie-from-a-cake-mix recipe I've posted. I'd be embarrassed if they weren't yummy.)
You will need:
• 18 oz box of Spice Cake Mix
• 15 oz can of Pumpkin Puree
• 12 oz bag of Chocolate Chips (Pumpkin cookies are the one time I prefer Milk Chocolate chips.)
01. Dump, dump and dump the three ingredients into your mixing bowl. Stir until combined. (Don't over mix. These are basically a quick bread, and you know the drill with those.)
02. Spoon onto a cookie sheet.
03. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes.
You can make this as muffins or a bread if you'd prefer. Same recipe. Bake for 20-25 minutes in muffin tins; 55-60 minutes in a loaf pan.
*No...I did not eat any cookies today. I'm still on a sugar fast. Two more weeks! I'm counting down...
© 2015 Hannah C. All rights reserved.