Birthday Favorite: Bubble Baths.18 November 2010
I love finding ways to combine my favorite things, so making bath fizzies not only lets me bathe in luxury, it also lets me get in a little craft time. They are simple to make. Like...SUPER simple. And fun. And they make your house smell divine.
04. Divide into 1/2 cup portions.
05. Add water and 6-8 drops of food coloring to a small spritzer. Spray the dry ingredients and stir after every spray. (You don't want the dry ingredients to start fizzing.)
07. Add 8-9 drops of your favorite essential oil to each 1/2 cup portion. (My yellow fizzies are lemon, blue fizzies are lavender and green fizzies are peppermint.)
08. Press firmly into mini muffin tins.
09. Let sit for 2 hours. Gently remove and store in a dry location until ready for bathing. Each bath fizzie is good for one bath.
These would make a fantastic Christmas gift for all your girlfriends! I also love giving pink or blue ones to new mommies who are usually in desperate need for a good, calming soak.
*This recipe was adapted from Martha, who taught me to make it on her show many years ago. I've recently rediscovered the recipe in her Craft Encyclopedia, which, may I add, is AMAZING.