been on the hunt for three years. I tried so many and always felt uncomfortable. I would leave the house and end up rubbing it off my lips within 10 minutes because I felt silly. Not like myself.
So, I've been on a mission to find a color that I feel good in. And guess what? I did it. It wasn't easy, either. I did a lot of research. And I tried color after color after color. Finally, I found one that I love to wear out. A limited edition, discontinued color by MAC that I purchased from All Cosmetics Wholesale. (An awesome store, by the way!) It is called "Full Body." It is a deep red, but it isn't as dark on the lip as it looks in the tube. I top it wish MAC's Dazzleglass in Love Alert, which is a permanent color that you can still get. The Dazzleglass brightens it up.
MY RED LIPS TIPS:
• Red lips are hit-n-miss. You may have to try a few colors before settling on the perfect shade. Buy from a department store so you can return if you don't love it.
• Add a shiny lipgloss over your red lip if you want your lips to look more full. Dark colors tend to make your lips look thinner.
• Pair red lips with neutral eyes. Let your lips be the center of attention.
• Use lipliner or your lipstick will bleed. Not attractive. Not attractive at all. I use a neutral lip color because my MAC expert said to. She said red lips look horrible two-toned, so red lipliner isn't a good idea unless it matches the lipstick exactly.
• Red lipstick always seems to get on teeth, so prevent this by putting your finger in your mouth, closing your lips around it, and pulling it out. Works like a charm.
What is your perfect red lip color?
© 2015 Hannah C. All rights reserved.