I've been running like crazy this month; this way and that. I had great plans for each of these bullet points to get their own post. But, with the pace this month has already set, I realized that a bullet list is the only way to go.
Am making this one.) It is almost done, and will be tucked neatly into our Christmas box for next year. My mother came through and saved the day, as always. She made the kiddos a darling advent featuring mittens hung on a clothes line. Each mitten is filled with treats or an activity. She also has big dates, such as birthdays or when family members from out-of-town arrive, highlighted with darling little flags.
• December is always a busy month in my line of work. Press day is press day for the magazine, regardless of the holidays. Companies want to revamp their identity for the new year. Packaging changes, blogs want a new look and Christmas card orders keep me hoping. I'm down to my last few custom design orders before Christmas. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
• I was overly involved in high school. I kept myself far too busy. (I haven't changed much, have I?) I was a senior class officer and we have just started planning our 10-year reunion. I can't believe it's that time already! Facebook is making finding our classmates a rather easy task. I don't know how student councils did it pre-social media times.
• No release for Wplus9 this month. Dawn was kind enough to give the design team the month off. However, we'll be back with another fantastic release in January!
• Am nursing my sick family. I'm the only one left standing. Daughter is starting to recover from the flu just as the three boys start to show the symptoms. I've always prided myself in an abnormally strong immune system, but I don't think to odds are in my favor. I'm hoping my turn isn't over Christmas.
• Am giving myself the permission to post sparingly from now until New Years. Please excuse me as I may only pop in once or twice a week. My husband is on Christmas vacation and my parents are flying in from Hawaii. I need some quality family time.
© 2015 Hannah C. All rights reserved.