Weekend Highlights and Lowlights.20 December 2010
• Husband aced his finals. Woot! Many more semesters to go...
• Built our first snowman of the year. Had a pretty wimpy snowfall thus far. Hoping you Californians share some of your overabundance of moisture with us!
• Parents flew in from Hawaii and sister from Nebraska. Missing our brothers in Colorado and Virginia. But I'll take what family time I can get. I hate that we all live so far away from each other!
• Husband and I spent 4 hours last night wrapping presents, eating chocolate and watching Christmas specials on TV. Shopping is done, presents are wrapped, food is prepped. I'm finally ready.
• Mourning the loss of Provo's beautiful tabernacle. I grew up going there. Sang in concerts more times than I can count. Attended live nativities, played on the beautiful spiral staircases, watched my children crawl over the benches. I've been touched and changed by inspiring speakers. It is part of my history. Part of my ancestry. I cried as I watched it burn. Even if they rebuild, it will not be the same. You can't replicate the smells, the 1800's charm. I will miss it.